Frequently Asked Questions
What is your return policy?
- LaCanadienneshoes.com will refund any unworn or defective merchandise within 30 days of the original purchase. Any return requests received after this deadline will automatically be refused.
- All sale merchandise 50% off and above is final sale and cannot be returned. No refunds or exchanges will be issued.
- Please return footwear in the original shoebox. Merchandise must be unworn, unaltered and free of any damage. Original tags must remain attached.
- Packages returned without our consent will be refused. We do not absorb Return Shipping Fees for customers located outside Canada & the US. Please ship back merchandise using your carrier of choice.
- Shipping charges and sales tax on shipping charges are not refundable. Refunds are credited to the same form of payment originally used for purchase.
- We do not process straight exchanges. If you are interested in another size or style you will need to place a new online order.
- LaCanadienneshoes.com will not accept returns purchased from our retail boutiques or any third party retailers. Items purchased in one of our two retail locations are subject to the return policies outlined on the store receipt.
- Once we receive your return, please allow 10 business days for your return to be processed and then 5-10 business days for your bank to post the refund to your account. You’ll receive an email when we have processed your refund.
To request a return, please contact us at [email protected] or call 1-877-550-5088 Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.
What size range is your footwear available in?
Our shoes and boots are available in a wide range of sizes: North American sizes from 5 - 12, including half sizes (from 5 - 10) and European sizes from 35 - 42. Please refer to specific product details for sizing information. The best way to ensure a great fit is to visit one of our authorized retailers, or by visiting our stores.
What is your waterproof guarantee?
All La Canadienne waterproof boots are guaranteed waterproof effective for six months from the date of purchase. This guarantee does not cover water penetration through lace openings, zippers, elastics and shearling shafts. In addition, we do not guarantee the product if it has been subjected to misuse, negligence, accidents, chemicals or exposure to extreme heat. For more detailed information visit our Guarantee page.
Do I need to spray my boots to make them waterproof?
No. La Canadienne boots and shoes that are categorized as waterproof on the product page are made from Italian calf suede and leathers that are made waterproof during the tanning process. All seams are sealed to complete the waterproof process.
Non waterproof product can be sprayed, however we do not endorse any particular product and we cannot guarantee how the product might react with our waterproof treatment.
How do I clean my boots?
All waterproof products can be cleaned easily by using a soft damp cloth or a soft brush. When wearing our boots/shoes in snowy conditions it is essential that proper care be taken to ensure their longevity. Our product is not salt or stain resistant, and cleaning them right after wear is the only way to keep salt stains from penetrating the material. Visit our Product Care page for more information.
Are your products eco-friendly?
It is our goal that we do everything we can to preserve the environment for our future generations. To ensure our part, we use environmentally-friendly dyes and protective agents as well as recycled materials for all of our packing items.
Where can I purchase La Canadienne footwear?
You may purchase products through our web site or through one of our two Montreal boutiques. Please contact a sales associate at 1.877.550.5088 for additional details.
To locate an independent retailer in your area please consult the Where to buy section.
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] for further information.
Although we do our best to provide you with the most accurate information to help you purchase our products, we cannot track independent retailer’s inventory levels. We are therefore unable to provide you with precise information on where to locate your desired size, color or style. We can direct you to a store near you who has purchased the product you are in search of, but cannot guarantee that they still have it available.
How can I become a La Canadienne retailer?
For wholesale inquiries, please contact us at [email protected], or at 1.800.838.3943.